Friday, July 6, 2012

Moments of Impact.


Life’s all about moments of impact and how they change our lives forever.

Many of you may recognize this quote. For those of you who don’t, it is just one of the many profound quotes from the movie The Vow. If you back track a little bit to somewhere around February 17th, 2012, you may find a blog all about how I had gone to see this movie, how much it had upset me, yada yada. Well, tonight, I was able to watch it again. I can honestly say that I felt as though I was watching it through new eyes. I have seen it a handful of times since my blog rant, but something about this time was… different.
Today, I experienced a “moment of impact”.

In the movie, these moments are described as one’s that change your life, that turn your world “upside down”. At the time, I think the phrase was being used in such a way that the audience may think that all of these moments are some sort of bad. However, when I heard these words tonight, something inside me clicked. In a good way.

I knew that today, I had experienced one of those moments that would most likely change me forever.

Not anything big and earth shattering like a car-crash-that-steals-my-memory-and-the-one-I-love-must-fight-to-get-me-back moment. Just a simple moment where the whisperings of the Spirit and of my heart where loud and clear.

Lately, it seems as though these moments of impact have really shaped who I am and who I hope to be. It is amazing how these things really can change us in ways we didn’t imagine we could be changed.

I think today was the best moment yet, though.

Now, I hope by this point, you are DYING to know what in the world my moment consisted of… But that would spoil the fun J. So, to your disappointment, I must leave you hanging by the threads that are my words. Maybe (hopefully) in the near future, I will be able to share just exactly what it was that impacted me so greatly. Until then, you are left to your own devices.

The thing is each one of us is the sum total of every moment that we ever experience, with all the people we've ever known. And it's these moments that become our history. Like our own personal of greatest hits of memories that we play and replay in our minds, over and over again.”

Goodnight, world.

J



No comments:

Post a Comment