Sunday, November 20, 2011

"And on the Seventh Day..."

Ahhhhhh. Yet another wonderful Sunday to go down in the history books :)

I love Sundays. Seriously. Even people who are not religious should be thankful for Sundays!!! :P

But really. Has anyone ever wondered exactly why we have Saturday and Sunday off {in most cases} from work or school??? It is because back in the "good-ol'-days", people were given a day to worship. For some, that was on Saturday, and for others, that was in Sunday. So "they" {I love how "they" is always used to describe some "person" out there who does a ton of different stuff} decided that we would all have Saturday and Sunday as our days of rest! Cool, I know.

I learned so many wonderful things in church today. I have to admit that sometimes, 3 hours of church can be a little much... Especially when you are tired and stressed out form school/ But I have learned that when my attitude towards church is positive and I go into it hoping to learn and become better and stronger, I enjoy it soooo much! I was able to share my testimony many times today, and I was even given the opportunity to speak of the time when I was preparing to be baptized. I love talking about my conversion. It strengthens me so much to look back on how much I went through to get to where I am now. I am so blessed to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I hope that you were able to enjoy your Sunday as much as I enjoyed mine.

I love this scripture so much. I look to it whenever I am feeling down and unable to bare my burdens...

"And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that you will stand as witnesses for me hereafter,  and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions." (Mosiah 24:14)

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment