Thursday, November 17, 2011

Getting Used To This...

So, I had time to write today, but instead, I took a 2 hour nap with the most amazing person in the whole-wide world! :) Naps are seriously AHHHHMAZING. Especially when you are exhausted because you have been up since 6:30 AM this morning... Guh. Love being a college student!!! But seriously, I do. College is amazing! I am so blessed to be able to receive an education at a school that is centered around the teachings of Jesus Christ. Coming to this school has increased my testimony of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the truths it holds. I am so blessed to be able to pursue my career goals. It gets tough sometimes, and yes, I am tired always, but I would not trade this experience for the world.

Recently, I have been able to experience something new and very foreign to me, and I have been thinking a lot about it lately. I am currently taking Anatomy & Physiology, and I looooove it!!! I am so certain that a medical career is what I am supposed to be pursing. So, our most recent topic in my anatomy lab has been the muscles of the body. In order to really understand how it works, we are required to study on cadavers. Yes, bodies of deceased people. Real bodies!!! At first, I was like, "Ugh. Weird. I dunno if I'm down with this..." But then again, I realize the importance of studying cadavers. Say you need to have open heart surgery. You go in for your consultation with a surgeon, and you find out that he is fresh out of Medical School! (Woohoo for him! That takes some serious time... and moolah $$$.) Then you find out that this person has never, ever seen the inside of a real person. Oh yeah, he has studies for weeeeeks on models, but never a real person! Would you want this man to open you up and slice into your heart??? My guess is heck.no. So now, I realize the importance of cadavers!! No matter how important they are to science though, it does not make it any less weird to be seeing the inside of a deceased human being... To be playing with their dissected pieces... (Shivers.) But, every cloud has a silver lining, so here is mine in this case: Because I have been dealing with these cadavers multiple times a week, I have gained an incredible testimony of my beloved Heavenly Father and the fact that He totally knows what He is doing! Whenever you look at a person, you are seeing a complete soul. A soul is a combination of a body and a spirit. When I look at these cadavers, it is very apparent to me that they are not a soul, but instead, they are just a shell, or a "husk". Their soul is gone, and because of this, they are not whole. Some people say that we have no spirits... I urge those people to work with a dead body. Because even though I knew that everyone had a spirit, I had never truly experienced it. I know for a fact now that we are all special, individual, beloved spirits that are extremely important to our Heavenly Father.

I love college!!! :)

(Actually, right now, I am sitting in my Child Development class... I should be listening to my teacher talk about the material that I know I will be tested on eventually... Especially since she is an amazing woman, and I do respect her in so many ways... But apparently, I would rather ramble on about random things.)

My wonderful parents sent me a package today from Cabela's. It contained a 72-hour emergency dehydrated food kit! Mountain House Dehydrated Food... YUMMY. And I am not being sarcastic! So "yey!" for my wonderful, loving parents! I hope they know how much I love them and how much I appreciate all that they do for me.

My laptop is dying... Maybe I will write more later?? Or I could do productive things... But who wants to do that????

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment