Sunday, December 4, 2011

Life Can Be Hard.

Like, really, really, REALLY hard. 

However, I am alive. I have a job! I have a roof over my head. I am able to go to an amazing university. I have a loving mom and dad that help me soooo much. I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Heavenly Father loves and cares about me. I have a Savior to turn to whenever I need help. I have the scriptures that allow me to receive the guidance and comfort I need. I have the ability to have the Holy Ghost with me, to lead me and help me whenever I need it. I have friends that are beyond amazing.

I have so much to be thankful for. Many more things than I have listed here. 

So, on this Sunday, as I sit and ponder life, these scriptures continue to come to my mind... They are out of The Doctrine and Covenants, a set of scriptures used by members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Written by Joseph Smith, received through revelation, I know that the words contained in these scriptures are truth.

 "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." (Doctrine & Covenants 121:7-9)
No matter what happens to us in this life, it makes up only a small moment of our existence in an eternal perspective.
I also stumbled across this picture...

 When Heavenly Father closes a door, He always opens a window.
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the church of God. I know that the Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price are all inspired works of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for the sins of the world, and that through the process of repentance, anyone can be forgiven of their sins. I know that the temple is a house of the Lord. I know that through sacred covenants made in the temple, families can be together forever. I know that Heavenly Father established a Plan of Happiness that if followed, can lead to eternal life and eternal happiness. This church and it's truths have changed my life. I am eternally grateful.
I say these things, humbly, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment